On 2021-10-26 15:30, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
I don't know much of anything about Cadillac engines. According to
Wiki, the Northstar LD8 (transverse configuration) was used in the DTS
from 2006 - 2011. Head bolt problems are not mentioned. I thought the
Northstar was pretty well regarded? No?

Donald Snook, Esq, used to be a Buick/Oldsmobile/Cadillac service manager. He was not a fan of Northstar. He liked the much weaker engine which preceded it as he considered it mostly bulletproof.

The head bolt threads are the main issue with the Northstar as far as I know.

https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/at-last-a-proven-100-fix-for-northstar-head-gasket-failure.215490/