Does anyone know what the symptoms are for one bad glow plug out of five?
Do they go bad gradually or do they just wake up dead one morning?

1983 300TD
1985 300CD

Howdy -
I plan to replace my GP's during the next week or 2 and compared to my
W123
240D, the 91 300D 2.5T looks like it's going to be a huge project.  It
appears as though I need to remove the intake manifold to get access to
*any* of the GPs.

The WSM uses the old stand-by of remove the old GPs and install new ones.
-
or something to that extent.

Anybody done this that can tell me an easier way to proceed?   Else, I'll
start removing stuff, marking everything, taking some photos and be
careful.

TIA -

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 91 300D Turbo)
A Blood Test for your oil - www.youroil.net
For Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil
Weber Carb Stuff http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
http://members.rennlist.com/my_911/Index.htm For my Paint Job Info