I was wondering if a big log chain hooked to the top of the posts that you could run under the car tightly would work to hold it up if anything let go.  It would kinda get in the way of some jobs I guess.

I saw a vid a coupla years ago of some guys in HK or Taiwan or somewhere who had a Roller up on a lift and it fell off and crushed a guy and killed him.  Seems like they did not do a rock test on the car and it just teetered of the arms and fell.  OOPS  At least some kind of safety chain would have held it up some, maybe.

--FT