Back in November I was at Home Despot and wanted to buy a specific DeWalt
finish nailer. Their online inventory says they've got 22 in stock at the
store. Go to the aisle where they're located, no stock.

Now understand that the eastside Home Depot in Flagstaff has the best, most
responsive and accommodating staff of any big box retailer I've ever
experienced.

Knowing this, I seek out some help and find someone. They come back and spend a
good 10 minutes with me scanning the backstock looking for this nailer. No joy.
They call another associate. "If they're not here, they're probably in mixed
stock in receiving." So this guy that had been helping me goes back to
receiving to start looking through pallets. I hang out in the tool section for
a bit, and after about 5 minutes the other guy who came over to assist
associate #1 comes running up and says, "I found them! They're in the
"racetrack"!!!"

Turns out they had been on sale, so they were stocked out in the front of the
store where everyone walks by. He calls associate #1 and tells him he found
them. Amazing. These guys probably spent a collective 20 minutes or more
helping me out. This is typical of the store. I love the place, and have told
management about it, too. The Home Despots near my house in Florida suck. You
can't find the help if you wanted at them, and when you do, they're rarely of
value.

-D