Aaron suggested:
<< Another thing I recommend doing is replacing the plastic throttle
linkage sockets with the old-style metal ones. The plastic ones are
prone to breaking and when they do, you'll be stranded with a car that
just idles. >>

Wait a minute - wait a minute, Aaron!  You make that recommendation like
anyone can just walk up to a parts counter and specify metal sockets instead
of plastic ones.  What more can you tell us about how to do this?  I
recently broke one of those plastic linkages while trying to pry it off.
Rusty sent me an identical plastic one to replace it. (an offical MB part)
Each one of those links has a specific length, configuration and socket
orientation.  So, I didn't expect to find a one size fits all type.  Does MB
or some after-market supplier sell metal ones for the OM-60X engines?  I
agree those plastic ones are a PITA, and I suspect they embrittle with age.

Ned Kleinhenz
'95 E300D x2
'85 300D
'80 300TD