> I had bell south which became ATT for cell phones since 1989 probably to 2021

Prior to 1982 it was AT&T.  Then broken up into the various 'baby Bells', and
later
merged (partially) again.

> Some places Verizon is king with regard to service, so know your localities

Exactly.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK!  Pay attention to the fine print, details, etc.
Test.  Your mileage WILL vary!

When I 'work from home', not at home, I need decent data access, unlimited.
It has to work, and work wherever I am.  I have no 'office'.  I'm one (of two,
now)
fully remote employees.  That gives me freedom to travel, but only if the gear
works.

-- Jim