Newer diesels make a lot more power on less fuel than the older ones too. The
2.0l in my Jetta makes around 145hp and that's with the de-tune from VW.
Compare that to 120hp out of the 3.0l 617 turbo. It also starts well in deep
cold. I've started it at -5F and it fired right up, no complaints.

It'll also do 55mpg pretty handily, a 617 turbo dreams of 30mpg...

I really like the look and feel of a W123 but my Jetta is a lot easier to live
with.

-Curt

 On Monday, February 21, 2022, 01:50:15 PM EST, Allan Streib via Mercedes