Yes, diesel pickups were and still are abused by using used veg oil. They
are ruined for the same reasons.
Used cooking oil is severely contaminated with water, acids, and food
particles that do not flow throw injection pumps and injectors. Failure to
remove those contaminants is common with the belief that you just pump the
waste cooking oil into your diesel tank and drive away for free.
That does not work.
Add to those sins the viscosity of veg oil at room temperature [whatever
ambient temp might be].
IF you have clean veg oil, de watered, and acid neutral, it still must be
pre-heated to between 160F/180F to achieve a flow rate that will support
atomization at the injector nozzle. Below 160F the nozzles will dribble and
spew instead of spray crisply.
The lack of good spray pattern means you do not get good compression
ignition, thus semi burned veg oil builds carbon globs that stick and stack
in the combustion chambers, valves, and nozzles. Those chunks of semi
burned carbon grind the rings and cylinder walls to death.
Further, the cold veg oil overworks the injector pump, fails to lubricate
the close tolerance moving parts, and galls them [ruins the IP so it can
not be rebuilt].
So, the answer to your question is.... Yes, diesel trucks are also
destroyed.