Nah I have an 87 td with a myna 606 and compound turbos that has been a
driveway queen for too long, but is under some pressure now that the e420
bit the dust. The 85 td is stock.  88 560 sel is my driver for now; Kids
arrive to school in style (except when the accessory belt starts screaming,
which it does whenever ambient is below 55 deg or I drive through a puddle,
but at least they can smoke cigars and turn their seat heaters on and
recline the rear seat and put the armrest down while they snarf on goldfush
or apples or whatever. Black on black leather with staggered ronal penta
knockoffs. I was behind a bus on Friday that collided headon with a
lincoln. So I stopped while the road got blocked off etc to check on the
driver of the car and provide an eyewitness account. Anyway all the cops
and towtruck drivers love the w126. Also the valet guys at the Beverly
Hills Hotel loved it when we rocked up there for a wedding last spring. It
shines like a jewel. Just got the new stereo sorted.

That green valtonen s123 was a real artwork. It grenaded at about 4bar
boost as I recall; it was supercharged for sure and maybe twincharged. You
need to beef up the rods and lower the compression to run that much boost
on any of these merc diesels because they all run 21:1 or similar stock,
except the really old NA 4 bangers which were 19:1 I think. Anyway 15x21 is
a lot less than 45 or 60x21. And that is before you mess with timing.