I have a Sammy fridge too. First the bottom ice machine crapped out, was still
nerf warranty (I might have an extended I don’t recall) so a guy came a fixed
it with a plastic “fill tube” about 6” long that froze and broke. Duh, a
plastic tube filled with water in a freezer. Who knew. So that one worked
awhile but now it only works intermittently so I guess it’s not broken but on
strike for some reason.

It has an upper ice machine too that has basically frosted up. I keep
forgetting to get a heat gun after it to get it working again.

The machine is about 10yr old now and otherwise does it’s cooling and freezing
thing so I guess that’s a win.

I’ve been through 3 undercounter wine coolers now. Each has lasted 2-3 years  I
got the first one replaced for free. The second I think I paid shipping for a
new one. This last one they wanted about half of a new one which would have
been $600 or so, wholesale price I guess. The price on these things has doubled
in say 10yr. I took the first two apart and the thin aluminum condensers both
corroded and released the majick fluid. Outside these are really nice machines
but the cooling systems are total cheepcheep chinesium. I talked to the vendor
about them and they were very noncommittal, I guess if they can keep selling
replacements no worries to them.

I do like my 40+yo and 30+yo and 15+yo Benzes though.

--FT
Sent from iFōn