We have a Kenmore fridge, top french doors, bottom freezer. THe ice maker
died and was replaced twice under warranty. THe next time it "died", the
warranty was expired, so I messed with it and figured out that the switch
that keeps it from dumping when you open the bottom door - with a bit of
jiggling things it was working again. Hasn't been a problem since (looking
for wood) - 8 years now.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 1:14 PM Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I have a Sammy fridge too. First the bottom ice machine crapped out, was
> still nerf warranty (I might have an extended I don’t recall) so a guy came
> a fixed it with a plastic “fill tube” about 6” long that froze and broke.
> Duh, a plastic tube filled with water in a freezer. Who knew. So that one
> worked awhile but now it only works intermittently so I guess it’s not
> broken but on strike for some reason.
>
> It has an upper ice machine too that has basically frosted up. I keep
> forgetting to get a heat gun after it to get it working again.
>
> The machine is about 10yr old now and otherwise does it’s cooling and
> freezing thing so I guess that’s a win.
>
> I’ve been through 3 undercounter wine coolers now. Each has lasted 2-3
> years  I got the first one replaced for free. The second I think I paid
> shipping for a new one. This last one they wanted about half of a new one
> which would have been $600 or so, wholesale price I guess. The price on
> these things has doubled in say 10yr. I took the first two apart and the
> thin aluminum condensers both corroded and released the majick fluid.
> Outside these are really nice machines but the cooling systems are total
> cheepcheep chinesium. I talked to the vendor about them and they were very
> noncommittal, I guess if they can keep selling replacements no worries to
> them.
>
> I do like my 40+yo and 30+yo and 15+yo Benzes though.
>
> --FT
> Sent from iFōn
>
> > On Apr 18, 2022, at 1:34 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > New Samsung refrigerator looked great with nice features but the ice
> maker for the door ice continues to freeze up and get jammed. Gave you and
> simple don’t use it anymore.

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!