Biodiesel starts with mostly soybean oil or used cooking oil but may also
include other plant oils or animal fats. It is chemically altered by a process
called transesterification which separates the glycerin from the fat or
vegetable oil. After transesterification there are two products: glycerin which
is "washed" out and used for other purposes, and methyl esters (the chemical
name for biodiesel).

If you run your diesel engine on straight veggie/fryer oil (even if
cleaned/filtered) you are not removing the glycerin which can gum up your
injectors and injection pump. I can only speculate what it does to DPF and
other post-combustion emission control systems.