On 2022-06-15 11:57, Randy Bennell via Mercedes wrote:

We could go to southern Ontario or British Columbia and get much
better winters than we have here in Manitoba but you folks have many
more choices in your own country further south than where Curt is.

Southern Ontario is practically Detroit. I assume the climate is similar to mine.
Seattle/Vancouver are warmer than here, despite being farther north.
Even Seattle is 5 degrees above me. But it still freezes there, and there's more water and ice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZCyQ3emQg