On 2022-06-21 23:01, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:

Tricky part is avoiding the back of the alternator, which makes
getting at the top right bolt difficult without drawing sparks when
your ratchet extension hits the positive buss bar on the back of the
alternator. I pre-emptively covered the buss bar with some
strategically placed pieces of electrical tape to avoid a meltdown.

I preemptively remove the negative cable from the battery.
Fortunately all my modern Benz have owners' manuals with radio codes.