My elder son is an architect and is not much interested in any sort of do it yourself mechanical work. He does do work on his home. He and his wife have painted every square inch of the interior since they bought the house about 5 years ago, and have renovated both bathrooms. They have gutted the basement and have plans to improve it as a workshop mostly. They have plans to re-do the kitchen next. They have also made some fairly major changes to the back yard. She is a landscape architect so no doubt felt compelled to put her mark on it.

I just thought that the tool set was a good thing to have around even if he wasn't into rebuilding his car engine on the weekend. He buys new vehicles and has them serviced at the dealer.

Randy

On 7/18/2022 6:25 PM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote:
You use the fan to keep yourself cool, whilst paying someone treble an hour (or
more) what you earn at your position to fix whatever is broken. (That you could
have fixed, with a video or two, and some sense.... Oh and tools.)

Rick

From: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: July 18, 2022 6:10 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: d...@penoff.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Girl child's 08E350

Tools for a fan? I don’t see the relationship. What can you fix with a fan?

-D

On Jul 18, 2022, at 2:49 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

At least she kept the tool set.

I bought my elder son a big set of tools as I knew he would not buy it for
himself and I thought he should have it. I was visiting him and we needed some
tool and I asked where the tools were. He somewhat sheepishly admitted that
they had returned the tools and bought a Dyson fan with the monies. I wasn't
angry but I did tell him that I thought that was a mistake on his part and that
I had expressly bought him the tools because I thought he would need them and
knew he would never buy a set like that for himself.

Randy