I have one broken in a back window too; either that or the regulator. Can manual crank regulators be installed in place of electric? The back windows never get opened anyway.
Gerry Archer

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Stark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [MBZ] nylon runner/guide in w126 rear window regulator:available?

Mac -
They are called something like a "sliding jaw" or "guide piece". The part is
about $10. you have to drill the head of the rivet part out to remove the
old one and the new one riveted back on. You have to remove the regulator
and it helps to have a vise or something to use as an anvil to "buck" or
peen over the rivet. It is really not that hard to peen it over. It is a
good thing to have a spare one sitting around 'cause it's just a matter of
time......

see 72.185 in the manual

Barry

On my w126 300sd it looks like someone forced the window down at some point,
and broke the nylon guide, that runs along the horizontal track and that
holds the end of the regulator arm. The arm pops out of the guide when you
lower the window.

Anyone know if this little animal can be had from the dealer by itself? It
looks like it's a replace-able part that snaps together.