Yup, the underlying technology does not want 120v AC. It has to be
converted, and that adds complexity, cost, and lower efficiency.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 11:42 AM Allan Streib via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2022, at 12:36, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes wrote:
>
> > I need to replace a load of LED spot bulbs I put in my kitchen 8-10yr
> > ago, most of them have burned out.  Probably the power supplies in them
> > as they tend to get dim or blink before finally failing.  The LED
> > emitters themselves are probably still OK but can't get any electrons to
> > turn into photons.  So much for "lifetime" bulbs.
>
> It has been my experience that none of the CFL or LED bulbs I've been
> forced to buy over the last 5-10 years deliver a real-world service life
> any longer than incandescents. They may use less electricity, but they also
> cost 10x as much.

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!