Last week they requested photos of the damage, which I sent. I let the adjuster
know in that email that I would be taking the car on Wednesday (today) to get
estimates from the local MB certified shop that the dealer uses. Previous to
that when I told him that is where I would be going, he proceeded to say they
overcharged customers for unnecessary work yada yada. I also told him that they
would need to inspect the car in person and not rely on a virtual appraisal.
Crickets. Called them today and raised hell saying my time is valuable and
today is the day I’m taking it in. Long story short, I guess they have a rental
car reserved when I take car in. So, I’m wondering if I should get estimate
only and figure out if I am gong to fix it, or go ahead and get estimate and
leave it, then drive rental car until they figure it out. My cheap instinct is
to take the money and later fix it myself, but with that small gap at the top
of the door I’m afraid it has some slight b pillar damage in which case there
is no way I can fix it properly. Or, get payout, sell this car as is, then buy
something else or pocket the money and get a different Okie acres car ready to
go. I guess there is also the possibility State Farm attempts to total it. If
that is the case then I guess I would do a buy back them either sell it as is
or try to fix it myself.

Sent from my iPhone