When we moved into a “new" (to us) house when I was about ten years old, my
brother and I had to cut the acre of lawn with an old push mower that I swear
had a cast iron deck. My Dad wanted to get a lawn tractor to cut it, but we
moved in early in the summer and he wanted to wait until the end of the season
so he could get a good deal on one. My brother and I would take turns making
the “circuit” around the front and back yards. He would take one pass around, I
would take the next, etc., etc., etc. Took us a good 2-3 hours if not more to
cut the damned grass.

Got the new lawn tractor in September, started using it in the fall to collect
firewood from the seven acres of woods we owned behind the house. Got to use it
the next year to cut the grass.

-D