How is the pulley connected to the shaft? If it's removable, you can
probably find a similar pulley to replace it with.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 11:51 AM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> It appears to be an assembly with one on top and one on bottom that costs
> $300 but appears it might be NLA
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Sep 8, 2022, at 10:53 AM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is the pulley something special? Might be better to just find a
> replacement pulley not from JD.
> >
> > Randy
> >
> >> On 07/09/2022 7:39 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
> >> Earlier this summer I removed the deck on my 54" riding mower to
> replace the belt.  I was going to turn mower deck upside down to remove
> blades to sharpen them while I had it off and ended up dropping it.  Deck
> hit the floor and broke an arm that holds the pulley on which is spring
> loaded to tighten the belt.  I got a replacement arm from ebay and
> installed it.  The thing is basically made out of pot metal.  Anyway, it
> broke after about 5 minutes of mowing. Seller sent new arm but when I
> installed it I noticed the top pulley which connects the deck to mower was
> wobbling.  In other words I must have bent it when I dropped it.  I mowed a
> couple of times with it just fine and suddenly the arm broke again.  I am
> assuming the wobble is vibrating the arm causing it to break.  I am going
> to have to pull it apart again.  Does anybody have any advice on trying to
> straighten it out?  I am looking for a replacement now but if I can get
> this one back flat that would best as JD parts tend to be expensive.

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!