I’m seeing suggestions that this little auxiliary battery in the S550 might be
the reason it won’t shift into or out of park to allow it to start. I did
manage to get the car to start a time or two before it decided it wasn’t in P
but it wouldn’t shift.  This is a recent phenomenon that has been vexing,
apparently this is some sort of safety measure or something to allow the car to
shift into park (or not) if the main battery kakks.  Figured I’d get a new one,
probably a good idea anyway. I got a new main battery for it.

I looked at ordering one from rmeuropean, I’ve got parts from them before. They
had it for $45, a good price. Went the check out, $75 was the cheapest
shipping!!!

Checked FCPEuro and it was $54 on clearance which I never would have figured
out but there it was, and free shipping!  Not a bad deal I guess. And lifetime
warranty too so if I have the car years from now…

I wonder if I can try to recharge the old one. It’s like a little burglar alarm
battery, just a small thing. Maybe with the small maintainer/charger?  Maybe it
died while the car was sitting while I was gathering parts for it although I
had a maintainer on the main battery. Who knows how the circuits are situated.

--FT
Sent from iFōn