Ding, Randy gets the award!

Canada goose shot last Saturday.

The meat is way more like red meat then any other poultry. Angie sears it in a
cast iron pan and then finishes it in the oven. These breasts were from an
older goose so they were kinda tough. We should have pounded them a little
before cooking.

A lot of people don't like the flavor of goose but it's because they overcook
it. These were a little more rare than we normally do but it's much better to
go a little rare than to ruin the meat.

A few weeks ago I put a bunch of goose legs in the slow cooker and made tacos.
The meat gets really tender after 4 hours simmering.

-Curt

On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 11:53:45 AM EDT, Randy Bennell via Mercedes