I find that goose tastes a lot like beef - they both eat grass after all.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 10:59 AM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Ding, Randy gets the award!
>
> Canada goose shot last Saturday.
>
> The meat is way more like red meat then any other poultry. Angie sears it
> in a cast iron pan and then finishes it in the oven. These breasts were
> from an older goose so they were kinda tough. We should have pounded them a
> little before cooking.
>
> A lot of people don't like the flavor of goose but it's because they
> overcook it. These were a little more rare than we normally do but it's
> much better to go a little rare than to ruin the meat.
>
> A few weeks ago I put a bunch of goose legs in the slow cooker and made
> tacos. The meat gets really tender after 4 hours simmering.
>
> -Curt
>

> On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 11:53:45 AM EDT, Randy Bennell via
> Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> Or, Goose, although it looks more like red meat to me.
>
> Randy
>

> On 27/09/2022 10:50 AM, Bob Rentfro via Mercedes wrote:
> > Then it must be duck.
> >
> > AZBob
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On Sep 27, 2022, at 8:04 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've never had ostrich that I know of. There used to be an emu farm
> in-state. We got emu meat a couple times, it was quite nice.
> >>
> >> -Curt
> >>

> >> On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 10:59:57 AM EDT, Andrew Strasfogel
> via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> If you had divulged that you were free of trichinosis I would not have
> >> guessed black bear.
> >>
> >> Instead, ostrich is the answer.  Pay up.

> mercedes@okiebenz.com>

> via

> get a

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!