Yes, they record locally, and you access the recordings through their app. You
can download or share the recordings if you want. They connect to 2.4GHz WiFi
(only) as it’s more robust for handling the bandwidth of the video.

You can access them from anywhere using the app. It can be use to set
alerts/notifications if something shows up or triggers the motion detection.
The motion detection can be adjusted to “look” for people, animals or anything,
and you can pick out where in the field of view you want motion detection.

I know whenever anyone walks across our courtyard, comes to the front door, or
moves in front of the garage at our AZ house. I’ll get a notification on my
phone of the motion detection and I can look at a 30 second clip right from the
notification or go into the app and look at it from there. I can also see real
time from any of the cameras, as well as sound, too. Recordings contain video
and sound, which you can turn on or off (sound) depending on what you want to
record.

My solar camera is covering the front door. I explained previously why it was
such a PITA to get power there, which is why I went with the solar camera.
Here’s a snapshot form it I just pulled down from the app:

[cid:5C0FA6FD-C610-4ED1-92A1-7EA15A14243B]

You can share the cameras out to others as well, so once they’re set up you
just send Regina an invite and she’ll get a link to the app and everything will
be set up for your cameras.

And yes, that’s the 2003 ML350 under the cover.

Let me know if you have more questions.

-D

On Oct 11, 2022, at 12:04 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes