If he set a high reserve price, he hopes one of us is an idiot.
If the price is set by auction, he hopes there are two idiots in the world.

Mitch.

From my point of view this sums up why I may never buy a car on E-Bay
However I have not had a good history of buying and selling things in general. I tend to buy high and sell low ..However I have a neighbor who is a bit of a hot-rodder who buys and sells cars for most of his income. He buys and sell stuff on E-bay fairly often. More that once he has had cars delivered to (and picked up at) his house of a Semi Car hauler operated by a usually very lost driver trying to find his house in some what east Dallas.

George Larribeau
Dallas, Texas