An AC guy told me that a 3½ ton mini-split would take the cold and hot
edges off my hangar - a 2k sq.ft. metal building with spray foam on the
ceiling and styrofoam sheets on the walls.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 8:04 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I wonder if I could put a couple of them in the shop, or if it would be
> enough to at least take the edge off the temps when I’m out there working
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 14, 2022, at 7:32 PM, Dwight Giles via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > we put in 3 mini splits & 1 compressor about 10 years ago. love them.
> >
> > they heat down  to 32F.
> >
> > our church just put them in our rectory & they heat  to 4F so we took out
> > oil furnace.
> >
> >> On Fri, Oct 14, 2022, 7:04 PM MG via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Found this on Amazon. Don't know a thing about them.
> >>

> https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UTF8&spc=MToxNTQ0NDExNTYyNDQzMjkwOjE2NjU3ODgwNjI6c3BfYXRmX25leHQ6MjAwMDI1NDMwNTQ4NTk4OjowOjo&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGZfbmV4dA&url=%2FCOOPER-HUNTER-Ductless-Pre-Charged-Installation%2Fdp%2FB0862DW9R4%2Fref%3Dsr_1_18_sspa%3Fcrid%3D35RYKFLLAGJLY%26keywords%3Dmr%2Bcool%2Bmulti%2Bzone%26qid%3D1665788062%26qu%3DeyJxc2MiOiI0LjkwIiwicXNhIjoiMy42OCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%253D%253D%26sprefix%3Dmr%2Bcool%2Bmulti%2Bzone%252Caps%252C207%26sr%3D8-18-spons%26ufe%3Dapp_do%253Aamzn1.fos.2b70bf2b-6730-4ccf-ab97-eb60747b8daf%26psc%3D1
> >>
> >> Manfred

> >> yesterday, and after going to their website got directed to a number of
> >> different retailers, one of which was Costco. I was just doing some
> >> research on a possible mini-split for the Flagstaff garage, which I was
> >> thinking might be a 240V 12,000 BTU unit or thereabouts.

> >> other retailers who offered the same product (Amazon, Lowe’s). Costco
> >> wanted $1,450 for a 12k BTU 120V system, Amazon $1,738, and Lowe’s
> $1,738.

> >> designed specifically for DIY installation. I’m not quite ready to pull
> the
> >> trigger on one, but good to know there is an option directed at DIY
> >> installation that’s reasonably priced.

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!