You were always supposed to pay sales tax on on-line purchases, but it was
on the "honor" system. You declared it on the State Income tax form and
paid it there. Enough States got together and forced the issue of sellers
having to collect the tax. I don't remember whether congress got involved
or not, but they probably did.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2022 at 9:28 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> How many if you have to pay sales tax on online purchases such as from
> Amazon, ebay, etc?   It  used to be in OK you did NOT have to pay sales
> tax for online purchases.  A few years ago the state got greedy and now
> requires taxes to be collected.  What I find funny is you buy something
> used on ebay and have to pay tax.  Seems like the tax would have already
> been collected when it was sold new.
>
> One other thing I have started noticing is the taxes that are collected
> are vastly different on different sites.  For example, I have a set of
> tires in my cart for Amazon and Walmart.com.   Taxes are supposed to be
> based on the location.  The base price is exactly the same on both but
> the taxes being charged by Walmart is almost $10 less than what Amazon
> is collecting.  I have noticed this a lot with different sites.  Every
> now and then, there are some sites that still do not collect tax.  I
> think RM European did not used to collect tax until recently.  Last time
> I ordered from them, I noticed they started collecting tax.  The no tax
> steered me to them a lot of times but now it might be more even with
> FCP.  Due to this different in tax, I often have to add items to carts
> and while it may seem cheaper at one site versus another, after they
> factor in taxes, the other site might actually be cheaper.

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!