  Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:50:56 -0400
From: "Constantine N. Polites" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] 126 alignement
To: Mercedes@okiebenz.com

I phoned Beissbarth ( the manufacturer of the spreader bar) and learned
that their price is appx. $ 199 for the spreader bar.
It has an MB number of 900 589 012700.

This may be a rather simple item to make for a fraction of the cost.  I
am sure that the Beisbarth spreader has a built in
torque device pre set at 90-110 NM.  However,  it might also be done
with two short pieces of pipe with plates welded on the
end.  The middle can be fashioned with a 18" piece of all thread and
two
nuts.  You will however need a torque  wrench and
a crows foot wrench to tighten the nut.

Your thoughts on the subject..

Constantine