From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 9:50 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 126 alignement

I wonder if you supplied the spreader bar of shops that dont have it
would know how to use it?  What about the locking pin for the steering box?

Curt Raymond wrote:

> I'm as frugal as the next guy but for $200 I'd buy one. Even at my pay
rate 8 hours of fiddling with making something thats not exactly right would
buy one...
>   Never mind the fact that the only reason I'd buy one is to haul it to an
alignment shop that doesn't have one so they can do the job right. I can't
see them wanting to muck with something I'd invented. I also can't see my
wanting to pay for that.

>   -Curt
>
>   Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:50:56 -0400
> From: "Constantine N. Polites" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [MBZ] 126 alignement
> To: Mercedes@okiebenz.com
>
> I phoned Beissbarth ( the manufacturer of the spreader bar) and learned
> that their price is appx. $ 199 for the spreader bar.
> It has an MB number of 900 589 012700.
>
> This may be a rather simple item to make for a fraction of the cost.  I
> am sure that the Beisbarth spreader has a built in
> torque device pre set at 90-110 NM.  However,  it might also be done
> with two short pieces of pipe with plates welded on the
> end.  The middle can be fashioned with a 18" piece of all thread and
> two
> nuts.  You will however need a torque  wrench and
> a crows foot wrench to tighten the nut.
>
> Your thoughts on the subject..
>
> Constantine

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 420SEL, 87 300SDL,
  85 380SE, 85 300D, 84 190D 2.2, 83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D,
  76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 73 280SEL 4.5, 72 250C, 69 250
http://www.striplin.net