The lock pin must be purchased from MB. I see about 1 hr of work maximum ( if you have shop facilities). Two hours if you don't have any welding equipment and have to pay someone to weld the plates on the end. I'll photograph it when I make it. Incidentally, has anyone translated the toe in values into millimeters? I used an optical transit to align a relative's car after they went to an alignment shop. The shop apparently could not loosen a particular nut so they told him it was finished and charged him. After he left the shop the problem came back again. He brought it into my plant and we lifted it with a forklift. The nut was seized and would not budge even with Kroil. I used a fine brazing tip with oxygen/acytelene. I made the nut red hot and then let it cool down. This was done four times before the nut would move. Of course it got a good coating of
anti seize.

Back to the issue. The method I used was to take a reading of the back rim with the transit, then project the value to the front rim and add the toe in value. The car in question was a Honda Accord. The results appear to be satisfactory. If anyone has any comments on this procedure, please let me know. I have not tried this on my 350SDL.
Constantine