Model rockets can withstand huge acceleration forces, so they tend to use
high impulse, high force motors with fast burn times. Then coast to apogee.
You can model all this stuff in a free program called open rocket. You put
in your dimensions and weights and the motor specs and it tells you how
high it will go and generates acceleration and speed curves for the flight.