This summer, four Oklahoma methbillies went to a scrap yard, allegedly with intent to rob the owner. He'd done time for manslaughter for killing thieves in the past, and they were after his money, not property, so I'd assume they were looking to violently harm or kill him.

Their remains were found chopped up and dumped in a river. The yard owner was arrested in Florida on suspicion of homicide. Something tells me it was probably legitimate self defense, accompanied by illegal possession of a firearm by a felon and illegal disposal of human remains and spoliation of evidence. As for the methbillies, nobody who knew them was surprised, and nobody outside of their immediate family seems to regret their passing.
Mitch.