How much is the time that you are going to spend messing with old mowers
worth to you?  That's why I bought a new one 11 years ago - I only have had
to replace the battery once and sharpen the blades.

On Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 2:42 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Long shot but thought I would check.  I need to decide it I am going to
> get my Scott (John Deere) 54" mower back operating, just use my JD zero
> turn that needs a lot of work, buy a new mower or good used mower, or
> look for an old Kubota diesel mower to use this year. Last year I pulled
> the deck off the mower to replace the belt and sharpen the blades.  I
> ended up dropping the deck upside down so it fell on the primary spindle
> that drives the deck.  It also broke the idler arm.  I replaced the arm
> but it broke again shortly.  Thinking it got a bad one I replaced it
> again.  Got 1 mow out of it and it broke again.  I did not notice that
> the drop bent the pulley causing vibrations that would break the arm it
> is attached to.  Anyway, I pulled the deck off and this is a dual pulley
> and thought I could perhaps knock it back into place but its impossible
> to get a good enough angle with the pulley at the other end in the way.
> So far it appears I can get a new one from anywhere from low $200s to
> close to $300.  I did find this one on ebay but it looks rough to me. If
> it is straight and the bearings are good, fine.  But if its bent or the
> bearings are bad, no good.  The top pulley is about 6 3/8" x 1", bottom
> is 6"x1".  The assembly is 5 3/4 tall.  Anyone happen to have one laying
> around?
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/394198041395

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun

"In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be
doing it."
        -- Richard W. Hamming, The Art of Doing Science and Engineering
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!