I drove over to Sullivan's Island to look at this car.  It's like 75-80 today so there was some attractive scenery out and about. It's pretty much a turd.  Has been sitting for a year and being on the island it is looking a bit grody.  Interior is not too bad, mostly, but paint is atrocious.  He had a blade key but the fob was in his truck so I couldn't do a scan on it or try to start it, battery is dead anyway.  I was looking at it and we were talking about it, he says he would take $1000 for it.  I ignored that offer and kept looking then after a few minutes explained the realities of a 21yo slammed Benz that has sat for a year in a salt air environment with some rodent evidence but did not offer any money for it.  I brought the battery home to charge it up and will go back tomorrow to see if I can get the car to come alive and see how bad it is.  I'm thinking LOBALL at $300 although that might be too insulting, so maybe $400.  He was maintaining it until a year ago for reasons not entirely clear, and it has fairly decent 4yo tires on it, so that is positive, but as it sits it is a parts car.  If it's only a bad airmatic pump (or fuse or relay after sitting) that would be simple cheepcheep fix then flip it.

Or Kaleb will come and get it before I can sell it out from under him.

--FT