I’ll mention your name

--FT
Sent from iFōn

On Mar 24, 2023, at 4:33 PM, Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Go ahead and lowball.  I will serve as a character reference.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 4:27 PM Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
I drove over to Sullivan's Island to look at this car.  It's like 75-80
today so there was some attractive scenery out and about. It's pretty
much a turd.  Has been sitting for a year and being on the island it is
looking a bit grody.  Interior is not too bad, mostly, but paint is
atrocious.  He had a blade key but the fob was in his truck so I
couldn't do a scan on it or try to start it, battery is dead anyway.  I
was looking at it and we were talking about it, he says he would take
$1000 for it.  I ignored that offer and kept looking then after a few
minutes explained the realities of a 21yo slammed Benz that has sat for
a year in a salt air environment with some rodent evidence but did not
offer any money for it.  I brought the battery home to charge it up and
will go back tomorrow to see if I can get the car to come alive and see
how bad it is.  I'm thinking LOBALL at $300 although that might be too
insulting, so maybe $400.  He was maintaining it until a year ago for
reasons not entirely clear, and it has fairly decent 4yo tires on it, so
that is positive, but as it sits it is a parts car.  If it's only a bad
airmatic pump (or fuse or relay after sitting) that would be simple
cheepcheep fix then flip it.

Or Kaleb will come and get it before I can sell it out from under him.

--FT

--
--FT