I do that on my old Cub Cadet. It does take a few minutes of idling to die
after I close the fuel valve.

There's one seller of no-ethanol gas here and it's about as far from my house
as you can go and still be in the same county. Pretty expensive also. It's near
the lake so I think they sell a lot of it to boaters.

I buy premium unleaded for my small engines, they seem to like it better and
maybe it has less ethanol?

Allan