217k is getting up there not so much for a well-maintained diesel engine but
for the transmission and all the other moving/rotating parts in the car. Wheel
bearings, suspension bushings, fluid pumps, etc. Despite the best maintenance,
stuff wears out eventually.

I'll be honest, neither of these sounds like a great deal to me but you're well
above my budget for what I'd spend on a car so my opinion is just that, an
opinion.

Are you dead-set on a diesel? For an SUV you'll have a lot more options and
lower prices with a gasoline model. If you're driving 6000 miles/yr that isn't
great for a diesel either, unless those miles are a small number of long trips.

Gas is cheaper than diesel anyway these days and has fewer maintenance concerns.