LarryT wrote:
If I knew how to search the archives or if my memory were better I wouldn't have to bother you with this - is Mobil 1 ATF acceptable for use in the power steering? It's for my 91 300D 2.5T W124

ATF is NOT approved for your car (but I doubt that it would do any harm). You should use either the Mercedes fluid or the Febi/Bilstein equivalent that Rusty sells. The approved oil is one that is slightly less viscous than the old type A transmission fluid and has NO lubricity additives. The PS fluid is especially better than conventional Dexron II/III fluids in winter. Mobil 1 ATF eliminates the cold weather problem that most ATFs exhibit.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)