Jim Cathey wrote:
>> And which ones [Tek scopes-of-death] would those be?
>>

> 2465, etc.  (If I remember the number right.)  We had them
> at work once, along with many other models of various vintages,
> and they were the ones you always reached for first.  In fact,
> the Bright Eyes 2467 was the big kahuna.  Crank that sucker up
> in the dark, shield the tube face to your eyes, and look for
> 'hair' on the signals.

I have a 2213 in the closet, that I use on those rare occasions when I
need a 'scope these days.  It's a nice piece of equipment; I hope it
doesn't die any time soon.

In college we used the modular Teks, but I can't recall the model
numbers.  Some of the older, non-functional ones were used for
troubleshooting practice, because they had good service manuals and very
neatly laid out internal wiring, with everything on terminal strips.  I
remember the CRT wiring was the opposite of normal television practice,
with the anode at ground potential and the cathode and filament at a
highly negative voltage.

At one time I owned a Tektronix RM-503, a rack-mount beast that
contained about thirty vacuum tubes.  It was not very accurate by the
time I got my hands on it, having been last calibrated some time in the
1960s, but I used it with an 'octopus' made from an old power supply
transformer to test semiconductors.