I was driving the CL500 this afternoon.  It has been raining the road was still a bit wet.  The car has wide Toyo tires on the back that I think are a pretty hard compound, or they are more for dry conditions.  Anyway, I took a turn with a bit of verve and the back end broke loose (which it has done before in similar conditions) and the ESP intervened, I could feel the ABS being applied to different wheels and the car sorted itself right out.  Not that it was in any danger really, there was plenty of room and I was correcting the slide, but it is good to know that a 21yo nanny still has some ability to deal with my energetic driving or borderline stupidity!

--FT