You're full of good news. :) I'm thinking that the MB galley plugs are threaded, so they are unlikely to come out? I guess anything is possible.

J.B.

At 07:14 PM 6/28/2006, you wrote:

"J.B. Hebert" wrote:

> I have not detected any loss of oil anywhere, including into the
> coolant or bellhousing, so I have to think that it is not a galley plug.

Dad's 360 Ford returned it to the sump when he lost a galley plug.
No oil pressure, plenty of perfectly good oil in the sump, clattering
lifters was the main symptom. Let's hope yours is just a bad reading
instead of low pressure. Oh, I thought of another way to kill oil
pressure. Loosen the bolts on a cam bearing tower so the oil comes
out between the tower and the head.

Mitch.