Grant, is there a type rating for aircraft like this?
Answer: No.... however, if you fly one,, or own one and fly it.. the
insurance company will require you to get a course of instruction in how to
fly a high performance tail wheel aircraft, and a requisite number of
flight hours, with instruction and solo before selling you insurance..
typically.
Then, it is a pure case of "Come to the airport and bring money"...
Aviation is a harsh mistress.