On 2023-09-01 17:35, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes wrote:
I bought a couple of those battery minders, one is hooked up to what seemed to be a dead/dying MB battery, it is still charging after 3-4 days with no error light so maybe it will rejuvenate it a bit.

I put mine on my newest not-in-service flooded cell battery, a 2014 Interstate Megatron. Charged it fully, made sure the plates were flooded, and let the Minder do its thing.
It started out, a few months after its last recharge, at 10.6V.

After a couple of days a cell or two started getting warm. After a week, I unhooked it and the voltage plummeted to below the original 10.6.

Somehow, the minder seems to have enhanced a slightly shorted cell or two to make them more strongly shorted.

OTOH, after a week on the minder, my second newest spare battery (a 2007 Walmart Everstart) is doing quite well, I've been using it to jump start a lawn tractor and wouldn't hesitate to stick it in a car.