To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] I give up on Mobil-1

availability depends largely on the area.  see, as sick as this sounds to
you, stores don't discriminate inventory based on the customer base. I
worked in retail years ago at a department store with a fairly affluent
clientelle.  this chain also had stores with much poorer customers. as a
general rule, the poor stores sold a very high percentage of $59 cookware
sets and the store  i was at sold every $800 cookware set within 2 days of
receipt.  the poor area stores couldn't sell an $800 cookware set to save
their lives. consequently, we always had tons of $59 cookware sets and they
always had tons of $800 sets.   no one was happy!

here on the north side of atlanta you simply CANNOT find the 15w50 at
walmart because of the all the euro cars. basically, if anyone dunwoody or
alpharetta sees 15w50, he just grabs it all and runs.  all that is left is
the lightweight oil.

so the answer is to go out where everyone drives modern ford pickemup trucks
that use super light oil.  those walmarts will have no 5w30, but lots of
15W50.

simple, no?