I noticed when I was driving back this weekend that when I stopped and turned
off the car the temperature of my 124 would climb pretty high.  Running at
highway speeds or even in town, it would never get very high. It was staying
below the 100C mark.  It has a new OEM thermostat, the antifreeze is nice and
clean, condenser is not clogged up bugs or dirt, etc.

BUT, when I stopped for gas or food when I got back in the temperature was
pretty high. It wasn’t in the red or even past the mark below.  I thought one
of my prior MB’s had an auxiliary cooling fan that would come on even when the
car was off.  Am I “misremembering?” Maybe that was on other cars.

Donald H. Snook