Label on fuel station pump, low sulphur diesel 500 PPM illegal for use in 2007
motor vehicles. I thought this was strange but must be related to ultra low
sulphur 15 PPM. As I started 'googling on the label text I found discussions on
the ending of the diesel Jeep Liberty (covered here in depth). The introduction
of the MB powered  Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 3.0-liter common rail turbo
diesel and the demise of all Volkswagen diesel 'TDI' cars in the USA. The VW
does not meet the 2007 Nox rules. I have found more than one reference as to
what constitutes a 'truck' and that 2007 rules require tighter standards on
'lighter vehicles' and an implication that there might be a dividing line
between the Grand Cherokee and the Liberty. Are there going to be any cars in
2007 that will meet the new EPA rules  ??

George Larribeau
Dallas, Texas

1985 300SD 190K