Forbidden to sell the "E" in Massachusetts ......should pass if sulfur is low enough says MB locally dealer

Bill
1981 300 TD

Marshall Booth wrote:
George Larribeau wrote:
Label on fuel station pump, low sulphur diesel 500 PPM illegal for use in 2007
motor vehicles. I thought this was strange but must be related to ultra low
sulphur 15 PPM. As I started 'googling on the label text I found discussions on
the ending of the diesel Jeep Liberty (covered here in depth). The introduction
of the MB powered  Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 3.0-liter common rail turbo
diesel and the demise of all Volkswagen diesel 'TDI' cars in the USA. The VW
does not meet the 2007 Nox rules. I have found more than one reference as to
what constitutes a 'truck' and that 2007 rules require tighter standards on
'lighter vehicles' and an implication that there might be a dividing line
between the Grand Cherokee and the Liberty. Are there going to be any cars in
2007 that will meet the new EPA rules  ??

Mercedes will offer a diesel "E" class car that meets FED EPA regulations (but not those of several states as I understand it - and I may not).

Marshall