LarryT wrote:
so the truckers will have to have completely seperate diesel fuel pumps?

Because I suspect the expense to switch the trucking system over will be prohibitively expensive and they'll be outside the 500ppm requirements - correct?

This new law (or regulation created by some nameless bureaucrat?) sounds as though it will make the use of diesel fuel in passenger cars *more* difficult, rather then less so - correct? I guess it depends on how much the makers of small diesels are willing to foot the bill and introduce cars that will accept the new fuel - all for the North American market only - IMHO.

This all sounds like a bad way to go about cleaning up the diesel fuel system in this country - seems like it'd be better to gradually implement this system -- but I'm not sure -

Europe has been using this "new" fuel in cars and trucks for years - without serious problems!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)