OK, yeah, I would definitely NOT use teflon on the bolt that threads into
the fuel filter.  That's just asking for something to get lodged somewhere
it shouldn't and with the O-ring at the top, I don't think it would have any
effect anyway.  But you seem to already understand that.  (:

I guess I'm not sure what the problem is...  Is it just a leaky O-ring?
Can't you just get one at the auto-parts store?  Or is there something wrong
with the bolt itself?  I never quite understood the workings of the hollow
bolt, but I know my greasecar kit came with a solid replacement, so it would
seem that would be another cheap option...

As for the stripped bolt on the other engine that holds the housing...  I'm
again not exactly sure what you've got...  Is the head of the bolt
stripped?  Meaning you just have a rounded lump of metal with nothing to get
a wrench to grab on to?  In that case it could be a real pain...  You could
try vice-grips set REAL tight, or there are other "bolt-out" tools/kits like
from Sears that are made to try to grip it and get it out.  The other option
would be to grind it off.  THat would get your assembly off.  But then you'd
have to get the bolt out later if you ever wanted to re-use that engine.
Hopefully there would be enough left to get a grip on...
If it's in some other way "stripped" I'm not sure I see how it's still
holding the assembly on...

Levi