Ah yes, the curse of the twin ibeams, they will eat tires, but it's just about impossible to break the things. I really loved the bloopers from some of those old commercials where they were dropping the things off of cranes etc where they trucks would bounce sky hi and flip over....but the suspension and frame was still ok .

-----------Robert

David Brodbeck wrote:
Robert & Tara Ludwick wrote:
No, the chassis is the best part on the ford ( I remember quite a few years ago, about 20, when the city of new york got a great deal on a bunch of new ambulances from chevy and got rid of the fords...after about 6 months they were suing GM because the suspension on their new ambulances was not up to the rigors of NY city streets ( they were breaking suspension pieces and cracking frames left and right ) they got rid of them and went back to fords.

The twin I-beam front suspension on the 1980s Ford trucks & vans was
ridiculously stout.  No one seemed to be able to align it well, but you
couldn't break it.